You’re hosting Thanksgiving Dinner and the excitement is brewing as your guests begin to arrive. You have everything planned out so perfectly, right down to the perfect menu… and then the unthinkable happens, an unexpected plumbing disaster!!
It’s easy to rely on the fact that your plumbing will just continue to faithfully work as it always has for years - filling, flowing, flushing and draining. But when an unexpected pipe leaks through the ceiling or you get a drain clog that you weren’t anticipating, your excitement can turn to stress in a matter of minutes.
Don’t panic, the plumbing pros at Central Heating, Cooling Plumbing and Electrical are here to help!
In the mean time here are few helpful tips:
- To avoid these kind of unexpected plumbing disasters before they occur, contact Central today! We offer yearly preventative plumbing inspections.
- Make sure you know where your shut-off valves are and how to use them before a disaster happens. This will allow you to avoid scrambling in the midst of a plumbing disaster. Shut-off valves can cut off the water flow to a direct fixture, one area of your home or the entire house. If the problem is with a single fixture such as the bathroom or kitchen sink, turning off the shut-off valve to the specific fixture can allow you to wait and schedule a plumbing visit during normal hours, which will save you money and allow you to enjoy the holiday.
- Seasonally check all faucets, exposed pipes, shut-off valves and your water heater for leaks. Also take the time to regularly inspect for signs of water damage on your ceiling or walls. Fixing a small leak now can save you a lot of headache and extra expense down the road.
- Keep your water heater and furnace clear of any flammable or combustible materials that may cause a fire. While you’re at it, install a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector near both systems.
- Never pour grease or rendered fat down the drain. Always dispose into the trash.
- Use screens in kitchen and bathroom drains to avoid food, hair and other foreign objects clogging the pipes.
- If a drain is completely clogged, refrain from using an over the counter drain cleaner; it can create a dangerous pool of caustic water. Call the professionals at Central.
- Don’t flush paper towels, feminine products, diapers, hair or other foreign objects down the toilet. These and other items can cause a clog in the pipes and create an overflowing toilet.
Whether it’s a holiday, weekend, late night or during regular business hours…we are here to help! As always, your Comfort is our Central concern! Call 406-756-6656 for all your heating, cooling, plumbing and drain cleaning needs.
***We service Kalispell, Whitefish, Columbia Falls, Bigfork, Polson, Lakeside, Somers and the surrounding Flathead Valley***