Value; this can be a very BIG word, and its interpretation can be subject to opinion. So I looked up the general definition: “the regard that something is held to deserve, the importance, worth, or usefulness of something. The word value could also be a person’s or business’ principles or standards of behavior, one’s judgment of what is important in life.”
At Central, we are committed to customer service training for our Call Center, Service Technicians and Installers EVERY week. Our Team is in constant communication throughout the day to make sure you are being taken care of in a timely manner. Our Field Team is trained weekly on all the new technical information. Heating and cooling systems are much more complicated than they were even a few years ago and soon, “smart” thermostats will be the norm. Throughout the year additional off-site trainings are scheduled with a best practice group we belong to called “Nexstar”.
The Heating/Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical trades are very important to the overall safety and sanitation for our valley, and I take this personally to make sure our team is trained appropriately. As your home ages, things need to be updated. What many of you don’t know — especially if you are living in our valley, and I take this personally to
make sure our team is trained appropriately. As your home ages, things need to be updated. What many of you don’t know — especially if you are living in a “spec” home, or a house built before a buyer was involved — is that we are finding a poor quality of workmanship and equipment throughout our valley. It is wrong to assume all service/ replacement businesses are the same. Just as in the food industry, you have your fast-food burgers and you have well-trained chefs that create a gourmet burger. When you bite into it, you just want more, and we expect to pay more for that.
As the president of Central, I need to know what it costs to stay in business. But even bigger than that, I need to know what my team is going to do bigger and better than the “fast food” contractor. If you are given advice over the phone, to just go to: “1-800, you-can-do-it-yourself website”, it is because they do not want to come to your home. These contractors do not like service; they are into “New Construction” and their prices run into the thousands of dollars.
The other day, I took a call from a woman I will call Sarah, from Whitefish. Right out the get-go, Sarah asked “how do you sleep at night? I called the “1-800 plumber, and he said ‘You can buy that online for half the price and install it yourself.’” (This plumber had not been to her home, and was not offering to come to her home). So we sent two guys, a Master Electrician and Journeyman plumber — both licensed with the State of Montana — there for almost 4 hours to fix it for her and she paid $89.00.
As a woman-run company, there are a few things you are going to get that are different from my male counterparts in the valley:
- Always parking respectfully
- Always well-groomed and in uniform, always with shoes covered, and with drop-cloths. Our Team will spend time with you when they arrive to let you know what to expect while they are in your home
- I expect my guys to do a thorough evaluation of your home, inside and out, with ALL the services we off — period. In the example above, my plumber spent almost two and half hours doing a thorough evaluation of the woman’s home and then sharing with her some items of concern to be aware of as her home ages.
- We will always share what the immediate solution is today. Most contractors are not about educating the consumer, they are concerned about their pockets today. My background is unique for a business like this. I have a secondary education degree, and have taught hundreds of Adult Education Class. I want my guys to plant seeds today, so that you are prepared in the future. As with Sarah, my plumber was just sharing some seeds she should be aware of, with no intent to do it all today.
- Remember, these are guys going into your home — and they could be a bit better at communicating. However, I believe we are leaps and bounds above my valley “Peeps.” Can my Team get better? Always.
- We have a fully trained “Call Center” to answer your call when you call…and they answer all of your calls 24/7.
- We just did a major overall to our Technical Training area in our shop. I want to make sure we’re staying ahead of the Technical arena. Soon, all homes will have a “Smart Thermostat.” The guy on the phone, referring you to go online and do it yourself, he is not investing in you.
We are always here to build “Value” for our customers, so when you bite into our “burger,” you want more. That’s why your comfort is my Central concern, now and in the future.
Whether you are in Kalispell, Whitefish, Bigfork, Columbia Falls or anywhere else in the Flathead Valley. . .Call: (406)756-6656 for all your heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical and drain cleaning needs.